Friday, October 14, 2011

Farm house style table.

  It's been a while since my last post, I just started this blog and I am already slacking off lol.   I am working on getting the place together and decorated (we've already been here 6months lol), since my budget is tight I decided to work on what I had.

  I had an old beat up table sitting in my small eat it kitchen, it was dinged and wobbly but still solid construction.  After what seemed like forever I managed to get through the 30 million layers or varnish and I was ready to paint.  I decided I wanted to attempt a two tone paint on top with a quatrefoil runner, I am HORRIBLE at stenciling but I though I'd give it a go.  I chose a nice robins egg blue by Better Homes and Gardens ( Wal Mart) and clean linen white by Behr (Home Depot), I decided to mix the two and make a softer blue to go between the white and robin's egg on the runner.  I still need to paint my chairs and get start on some new seat cushions but I am getting there!  My kitchen floor did recover from that weekend, rest assured! My table didn't turn out perfect (my projects rarely do lol) but I do love it.  I am still learning to paint and re-purpose furniture but I am proud of the out come and there are many more projects to come!

P.S. Please ignore the trash, my husband was banned from the kitchen until my table was dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment